We are pretty picky when it comes to who joins the family. That's because we care about how we serve our customers and how we interact with each other. A strong team, working together towards a common goal of "Always making our customers happy" doesn't come about by chance. It really takes the right people, with great attitudes, who genuinely care about each other and our customers to make that happen. And in our industry, there's a lot of moving parts. We've got team members who help customers find what they're looking for, educate them on the products and find just the right flooring to fit their needs. We've got measure techs who make sure we get the right information to get the job done right. We've got Warehouse and Installation Managers who oversee scheduling, warehousing, inventory, staging, claims and the actual installation to ensure the absolute best quality (We back all our installations up with a LIFETIME WORKMANSHIP Warranty, so we better be sure we're doing it right!)
No matter what role someone fills for our team, it is integral to the success of our company. We very much look at our business as a team sport. Honestly, you can have the best quarterback in the league, but if you can't block, he won't even have a chance to throw it! Every team member matters! Every team member's opinion and input is valued.
If you've ever thought about what it might be like to work for Johnson & Sons Flooring, we thought we'd share some highlights:
- Great team atmosphere where your opinion is heard and valued. It's nice to come into work each day, looking forward to accomplishing something with a team that truly cares about you and works toward a common goal. It doesn't matter what your role, it's important and it contributes to the accomplishments we achieve together.
- Opportunity for growth. We are the areas fastest growing flooring retailer and have won many awards. We continue to grow our business in the Knoxville and Alcoa area and will continue to expand. We always look from within our team for promotions. We want those that have shown they have the right attitude and work ethic to be rewarded with opportunities to grow themselves. In fact, we have found that these ones have the biggest impact on others because they know what it means to be part of a team, so who better to lead a team! We love seeing our team members excel and be rewarded with exciting new opportunities and grow to become leaders who impact others' lives, both personally and professionally.
- Flexible working environment. Listen, we'll be the first to tell you we're not corporate America. We're down to earth people who all have families and understand the most important thing in life, isn't our job. We love what we do, and we enjoy spending time together, but this is just what we do...this is not who we are. Many people find the change in work environment refreshing. While we do have schedules and shifts, when things come up, we're quick to help each other out. This may mean covering for someone who needs time off on short notice or helping out in some other way. No need to put in a time off request weeks in advance for an emergency. We'll make it work. Family first. That's our stand.
- Competitive Wages. We always strive to be fair because this isn't about just us. This is about you as well. For us to be successful together, it can't be one sided. We want you to do really well, and you will continue to have opportunities to grow with us.
- Continuing Education. The training you will receive, is second to none. From the start, we will work with you to help you become proficient in whatever area you'll be working. We'll set goals and help you work toward those goals. As you start getting the hang of it, well start to expand your role and help you reach toward greater responsibility. When opportunities for advancement come up, we'll look at our team members first. We will continue to train, to help you qualify for promotions, and help you grow personally and professionally.
- No working on Sundays! Yay! Did we mention we're big on families? You need to have a good quality of life to be the best version of yourself. That's why we close on Sundays and always give you a reasonable schedule to ensure you have plenty of time to spend with those you care about the most.
It's been said, "show me your friends, and I'll show you your future". We truly believe that, and we know we have a great future ahead! If you enjoy having a good time, while working together towards a common goal, having a meaningful share and opportunities to grow, please reach out to us. You may be just the person we're looking for! And while we could go on and on about how great it is to work here, we figured it would probably be better if you hear it straight from some of our team members!